Best Luxury Resorts for Honeymoon in KeralaReading Time: 5 minutes
Enjoy Luxury Honeymoon in Kerala with a view of the Arabian Sea including modern facilities and amenities at its best.
Kerala has always been known for its immaculate landscape with greenery. God’s Own Country has multiple luxury resorts dotting its 590km coastline and some of the Best Luxury Resorts in the world in terms of ambiance and exoticness.
There are several bespoke luxury five—star resorts in God’s own country-Kerala and many of these cater to the traveler with a diverse set of travel needs. There are some best luxury honeymoon resorts in Kerala with world-class luxuries and comforts including The Leela Kovalam Beach Resort, Carnoustie Resort, Mararikulam, Samsara Harmony Beach Resort, Varkala, Coconut Lagoon, Kumarakom. Malabar Ocean Front Resort and Spa, Kasaragod, and Vivanta by Taj, Kovalam.
The culture in this state is unique, just like its tourist spots. It has great weather and locales. And also the increased tourist influx has called for a hike in the quality and standards in the resorts that are coming up here.
Table of Contents
Detailed List of 5 Best Luxury Honeymoon Resorts in Kerala.
This premium luxury honeymoon resorts in Kerala is located 15km from the Trivandrum Airport and is the largest resort in and around the region. It has 194 guest rooms and also suites which are spread over a sprawling area of 44 acres. The unique feature of this resort is that it is built on a cliff that overlooks the sea. It is situated between two beaches and gives one a panoramic view of the Kovalam coastline.
What we Love
- The truly five-star experience of staying at a world-class resort with every comfort and luxury imaginable!
- The unique views offered by the resort being built on a rock-face on a cliff in between two beaches which gives you visual access to two beaches simultaneously.
- Lounges specialize in Ayurveda treatment for rest and rejuvenation which is a specialty of the state.
- Specified comforts of a 24-hour butler in Club rooms and suites and matching amenities.
What we know
- 70 Beach view Rooms, 60 Sea – View Club Rooms (500 sq ft), 3 Club Suites, and 1 Maharaja Suite available with the suites being the best of the lot.
- Every room is equipped with responsive climate control, HD TV, and a fully stocked mini-bar, and more.
- Two amazing infinity pools that look out into the Arabian sea and offer a breath-taking view of the ocean.
- 12 square meter sun deck in Beach – View rooms, Interconnecting rooms make this really amazing to stay in.
2. Xandari Pearl Resort, Alappuzha
This is a new resort based out of a sleepy fishing village called Mararikulam in the Alapuzzha region of Kerala. It is set in over 18 acres of the coconut palm, and this beach resort has the specialty of being able to provide its guest with a private holiday and is one of the few luxury honeymoon resorts in Kerala that is quiet and free of the hustle and bustle of the city. Its focus is on villa-style accommodation which is facilitated by the large space available for this resort.
And also it is eco-conscious and aims to blend in with its local surroundings by integrating with the local folk in an inspiring way. It is best to choose a villa with a plunge pool.
What We Love
- You can savor five-star luxury in the rustic backdrop of a simple fishing village.
- Access to an amazing spa that you can use to relax.
- The quietness and stillness of the whole place and also the plunge pools in some of the villas. You can take a walk in the palms and gain incredible peace of mind talking with the cheerful local folk.
What We Know
- It has a total of 20 villas with five of them having plunge pools, 24 hour Security, Car & Driver Hire are available.
- No TVs in any of the villas to promote silence and oneness with the environment.
- A Coffee Bar, an Open Fire, and a No smoking Lounge Area all make it interesting and fun to stay here.
- A Steam Room and Sunbed available in the spa can help you de-stress in the best way possible.
3. Vivanta by Taj, Bekal
This is one of the luxury honeymoon resorts in Kerala by the Taj group which is placed near Kappil beach in Bekal, Kerala which is sprawled over an area of 26 acres. The unique feature in this resort is that the interior of the said resort is a fusion of North Kerala décor and Balinese influences.
The resort has 71 villas and rooms put together. The interior décor of the rooms themselves are inspired by the traditional Kettuvallfam houseboat. The in-house spa has great relaxation services and is named Jiva.
What We Love
- 27000 sq feet of area for the resort gives the customers a great amount of space for recreation.
- Excellent Ayurveda treatments in a calm and peaceful setting.
- Amazing views from the room as shown.
What We Know
- Along with kayaking, the resort also offers boating, rowing, fishing, and trekking.
- It is relatively new compared to other Taj hotels and therefore will have the most modern amenities.
- Five-star quality would be reflected in everything they do- from food to activities and hospitality.
4. The Zuri, Kumarakom
The Zuri is a super specialty resort specializing only in luxury! This is located on the banks of the Vembanad Lake. It also has South India’s largest spa named Maya. Also, it possesses great restaurants within its surroundings and also has an excellent bar.
Located in Kumarakom, it is strategically placed to open a resort with great views, because of the backwaters and Lake. A total of 72 rooms divided Zuri Rooms (18), Zuri Deluxe Rooms (16), Zuri Cottages (28), and Zuri Presidential Pool Villas (10) make this a great stay.
What We Love
- Spa Heaven! – With the Maya spa, which is the largest in this neck of the woods. It offers Ayurveda, oriental, and Western treatments as well.
- The Presidential Pool Villa, which is the best room to stay in and have the best services catered to the room and also the best pool.
- The effectiveness of spa treatments.
What we Know
- Single most expensive resort with quality to match.
- The Zuri Cottage is the second-best room to pick in case the Presidential suite isn’t available. This will have a twin cottage set-up with a garden shower and a king-size bed.
- Game Arcade, buggy service, and Cigar Lounge are the unique features of this resort.
5. Kumarakom Lake Resort, Kumarakom
Figure 9 Kumrakom Lake resort
This is one of the best luxury honeymoon resorts in Kerala for peace and a little bit of activity. This is also located on the banks of Vembanad Lake in Kumarakom. It has breath-taking views and is set upon a peaceful plot of land. It is set over an area of 25 acres and is a leader in its class, winning several awards for its quality. The resort has 59 rooms including houseboats, suites, and villas.
What We Love
- Outdoor Jacuzzi which always improves a person’s mood.
- World Class Ayurveda and Spa services.
- Indoor and outdoor activities.
- Figure 10 Heritage Villa Pool.
What we Know
- Heritage Villa comes with its own pool!
- Prince Charles celebrated his 65th birthday at Kumarakom Lake Resort.
- Open roof showers for a few rooms.
Also, see: Best Mountain Resorts in India