Niraamaya Retreats Kovalam
Niraamaya Retreat Surya Sumadra, located in Pulinkudi Mullur in the Thiruvananthapuram district is perched on the edge of a cliff amidst secluded beaches. With accommodation in the form of cottages instead of rooms, Niraamaya retreat sets itself apart from other luxury hotels in and outside the country. Nothing could possibly define peace better than a cottage by the sea and that is precisely what Niraamaya offers its guests with added scoops of luxury and facilities!
Cottages at Niraamaya
Scattered in the property are 31 cottages looking over the Arabian Sea. Built in accordance with traditional Keralite architecture, the interiors merge the warmth of wood with the luxury of contemporary architecture.
- Rock garden rooms are air-conditioned rooms set amidst coconut groves with a sit-out and featuring a flat-screen TV, minibar, coffee and tea maker, and other bathroom toiletries. With complimentary Wi-Fi and breakfast, this room is ideal for them on the look-out for a break from hectic schedules.
- Heritage Classic rooms open into lush green gardens and feature natural surroundings. With an outdoor sit out to please one’s eyes, this cottage can comfortably host small families. Air-conditioned with a flat TV, minibar, coffee and tea maker and other facilities, those taking up the room can also have the luxury of complimentary Wi-Fi and breakfast.
- Heritage Superior Room with partial sea views is built as per Kerala architecture of about 300 years ago. With spacious sit-outs to enjoy the view, they feature terracotta roofs, carved pillars, and ornate trees. Spacious, it can comfortably accommodate 2 adults and 2 kids of below 6 years of age. With facilities like complimentary Wi-Fi, breakfast, good air-conditioning and more, they are similar to Heritage Premium Room except for the view it offers. Unlike the Heritage Superior Room, the Premium room offers undisrupted views of the sea.
- The Banyan Tree Bungalow, steeped in privacy, is a standalone spacious bungalow ideal for them just-married couples and the ones out for a romantic escapade with a private garden and sit-out. It can also accommodate up to four individuals.
- The Octagon Room based on stone architecture is an architectural symphony. Spacious with a private sun deck, and a panoramic view of the sea, it can accommodate up to 4 people. With open-to sky baths and other facilities, a stay here would truly a remarkable experience.
- The family pool villa has three bedrooms, a dining room, a living room, a kitchen with a mini bar, a private library, and a plunge pool. Set in a quiet part of the retreat, it can comfortably host a family of 4-6.
Niraamaya was inducted into Relais and Chateaux, an international fellowship bringing together the best of privately owned luxury hotels around the globe in 2014. What better promise of hospitality than global recognition by a French hospitality initiative!